Don’t look now, but tornado season is right around the corner. Hopefully, this tornado season won’t be too nasty, but everyone still has to prepare for the worst. In addition to readying your home and roof, you can’t neglect tornado carport preparation in Oklahoma City! Keep reading to learn how to prepare your carport for tornadoes:
- Build in the right location: Preparing your carport for a tornado begins the first day you install it. Ensure that the carport is built away from any tall or weak trees that could collapse in high winds. Hiring a professional to build your carport is a great way to ensure it’s constructed in the ideal location.
- Anchor your carport: You can’t expect your carport to sit on top of your driveway and not blow away during a tornado. Be sure that it’s anchored upon installation, or go out and anchor it yourself before tornado season gets here.
- Cross-brace vertical supports: The structure as a whole should stay on the ground if it’s anchored to the driveway, but you’ll want to be sure the roof stays put by cross-bracing the vertical supports under the roof.
- Park in the center: Before the storm hits, be sure your vehicle is parked in the center of the carport. Parking in the middle mitigates the chance of damage to your vehicle or other belongings.
- Have it professionally inspected: If you’re unsure if your carport is structurally sound, we recommend having a pro come out and inspect it. A professional will double-check that everything is up to code, and he can fix anything that looks amiss.
Choose our team for installation
As mentioned above, hiring a professional to build your carport is step one for tornado carport preparation in Oklahoma City, but you need to be sure you’re hiring the right team for the job. Here are a few reasons to choose our pros at L & S Seamless Guttering:
- Tornado-proof installation: As a company based in Oklahoma with nearly 40 years of experience, we know how to construct steel carports that can withstand tornado-strength winds and rain! Rest easy knowing that your carport isn’t going anywhere if you choose our team to install it.
- Fast service: If you want your carport built right away, then be sure to call L & S Seamless Guttering! We’ll get your carport set up as soon as possible so your vehicle and belongings will be protected from anything Mother Nature sends our way. We’re able to construct freestanding carports or attach them to a home or garage.
- Fair prices: We promise you won’t overpay when you hire our team to build your carport. All of our services are priced competitively with the market, but just because our prices are low doesn’t mean we use low-quality materials! All of our carports are made of durable steel to stand the test of time.
Whether you’re interested in building a carport for the first time, or you want to ensure your carport is ready to handle tornadoes, call L & S Seamless Guttering! Nobody beats our team when it comes to carport construction and tornado carport preparation in Oklahoma City.
This post first appeared on https://lsseamlessgutter.com/