Have you ever driven by a home with gutters full of leaves and debris? Clogged gutters look bad and, when it rains, can allow water damage to the home. Rain gutter guards stop clogged gutters, keep your home looking great and prevent costly repairs.
All homeowners want to better the appearance and function of their home, and a home’s gutter system is one way to do this. Gutters that are in good working order permit rainwater to drain easily away, but this requires an investment in a quality gutter system and the best gutter guards for metal roofs (or whatever material your roofing system is made of). Often homeowners think of gutter leaf guards as being too costly when, in reality, they save a great deal of money over time.
Potential Problem Areas
When your gutters run clear and funnel rainwater and melting snow away from your home, you’ll save money. Some people think the best solution is gutter cleaning. However, gutter cleaning, if you hire someone to do it for you, can cost as much as $400 per year. In addition to the savings of time or money, there are other savings you could potentially see by installing rain gutter guards.
- Flooded basement – If your home has a basement, gutter backups can lead to water seeping in through walls and windows. This can cause a variety of damage to walls, flooring, furnishings and anything else in your basement. Plus, you’ll have to pay for water remediation and dry-out.
- Wet crawlspace or slab – Homes on a slab or crawlspace aren’t immune to water issues. Wet crawl spaces can lead to deterioration of wood footings, moisture damage to flooring and even movement in the foundation. Homes on a concrete slab may suffer foundation damage which leads to sinkholes and cracks throughout the home.
- Exterior damage – Leaky gutters can cause damage to siding and fascia as water drips and splashes over the exterior. For wood siding, this leads to dry rot and peeling paint. Other types of siding may develop staining and mold growth. If you allow your gutters to become completely clogged and the weight pulls them away from your home, it may damage fascia, siding or even break a window if the gutters fall off.
- Damaged landscaping – When gutters clog and water spills over, plants and shrubs on the ground take the brunt of the water’s force, which can lead to damage. You may also experience soil erosion or washed-out mulch.
- Roof damage – If your shingles sit in water because your gutters are clogged, they will deteriorate faster than they should. This can lead to a roof leak or, at the very least, the need to replace the shingles at the roof’s edge.
Contact Gutter Helmet Today
When you have the best rain gutter guards for metal roofs, asphalt shingles or tile roofing from the nation’s leading gutter cover company, Gutter Helmet, your home will be protected. If you are considering gutter leaf guards for your home, think of them as insurance against more costly repairs rather than an expense. To learn more about Gutter Helmet, please call (800) 824-3772 for a free, no-obligation quote.
The post How Rain Gutter Guards Can Save You Thousands in Home Repairs appeared first on Gutter Helmet.