Every spring and fall, you’re bound to see homeowners across the nation up on their roofs, cleaning out their gutters. You can bet that they’re not just doing it for fun! Gutter cleaning is an essential part of being a responsible homeowner. Keep reading to learn the importance of gutter cleaning as part of home maintenance in Oklahoma City:
- Extend gutter lifespan: Though they’re hardly noticeable, your gutters are an integral part of your roof and your home as a whole. If your gutters are clean, they’re bound to last longer—and if your gutters are long-lasting, the rest of your home should be, too. On top of that, you’ll never have to worry about replacing your gutters if you keep them clean and in good repair.
- Protect roofing: Clogged and improperly-functioning gutters can cause leaks, sagging, loose shingles and other problems with your roof. Instead of eventually finding yourself paying a contractor to repair or replace your roof, just clean out your gutters.
- Defend the foundation: Without gutters, rainwater would run off your roof straight down into the foundation. After a while, the foundation could start to crack or crumble! Ensure that’s not a problem by cleaning out your gutters twice a year.
- Evict pests: All of the leaves, pine needles, twigs and other debris that collect in your gutters are a problem for you and your home, because they’re a great home for rodents, insects and other critters! Clear out your gutters and ensure those pests don’t have a place to call home.
- Protect landscaping: Many homeowners spend a lot of time, energy and money on their landscaping. Don’t let too much rainwater ruin the plants and flowers surrounding your home! Instead, ensure all of that excess water flows down the gutters and out of the spout.
Protect your gutters with gutter guards
Luckily, your gutters don’t have to go unprotected—our team of pros can install gutter guards at your home or business. Gutter guards work by preventing debris from entering your gutters, ensuring water flows smoothly from your roof to the ground. Here are a few reasons to install them:
- Save time cleaning: Clearing out your gutters isn’t the most time-consuming task, but it is a pain. Since gutter guards prevent debris from entering the gutter, there’s no need to spend your time cleaning them out.
- Prevent flooding and damage: Though we can’t guarantee gutter guards will protect against all flooding and home damage, they can defend your home from any flooding that’d result from blocked gutters.
- Keep up appearances: All of the problems clogged gutters cause with your roof can really make your home look ugly! Make sure you don’t fall victim to that trap by letting our team install gutter guards on your home. With gutter guards in place, you can have the best-looking house on the block.
If you’re ready to stop worrying about gutter cleaning and focus on other home maintenance in Oklahoma City, call L & S Seamless Guttering today to install gutter guards! We can install gutter guards on any type of home or commercial building in a matter of hours.
This post first appeared on https://lsseamlessgutter.com/