Once you’ve made up your mind to tackle gutter cleaning, the next step is to arm yourself with the right gutter cleaning tools. If you don’t have effective tools, the job will be much more difficult, and your safety could even be compromised. Below are some basic yet essential gutter cleaning tools that will help make the chore as easy as possible.
The Right Tools Make All the Difference
Before attacking your gutters, make sure you have all the right tools. Here we list the five that are the most essential to a successful gutter-cleaning project:
- Sturdy ladder. A stable ladder that’s tall enough to extend beyond the edge of the roofline – which will prevent you from reaching out and potentially losing your balance – is your most important gutter cleaning tool. Be sure to first inspect the ladder for any damage or defects, and be certain to let someone know you’ll be using it to clean out your gutters.
- Protective gloves. Gloves are essential to protect your hands from the bacteria that multiply in rotting gutter debris, as well as sharp pieces of metal. If the debris is dry, you may choose to just scoop it out with your hands.
- Gutter scoop. This can be a small hand shovel from your local home improvement store or a homemade scoop fashioned from a milk jug or pop bottle. A gutter scoop allows you to quickly and efficiently remove gutter debris from the base of the gutter trough.
- Gutter brush. This specially designed brush can be used to scrub dirt and residue from the bottom of the gutter. After using the brush, just rinse the gutters out with a garden hose.
- Garden hose. There are many tools on the market designed to flush out gutters, but the most economical is the everyday garden hose. After removing debris and scouring the gutters with a gutter brush, use the hose to rinse dirt out of the gutter system.
Eliminate Gutter Maintenance With Gutter Helmet®
If you simply don’t have the time or ability to pull a ladder and all the necessary gutter-cleaning tools out a couple of times a year to clean your gutters, you should consider having one of our professionals install our innovative Gutter Helmet® gutter covers on your gutter system. Gutter Helmet guarantees you’ll Never Clean Your Gutters Again®! To learn more about the best gutter guards and arrange for a no-obligation consultation with your local dealer, call (800) 824-3772 today.
The post 5 Essential Gutter Cleaning Tools appeared first on Gutter Helmet.