Gutters are an important addition to any home or commercial property. These do a lot more than just collect water—gutters help prevent leaks and can even keep pests away from your home. They also keep water from pooling along the sides of your home, thus preventing basement leaks and the growth of mold.
Gutters are expensive and easy to install. If you don’t currently have gutters on your home, install them right away. Putting off installing gutters could result in major damage to your home and property. Be sure to work with an experienced gutter contractor when installing gutters.
Read on to learn about the many dangers of not having gutters and why gutters are needed:
- Gutters prevent exterior damage: Gutters do a great job of protecting the exterior of your home from major damage. Excessive rain can cause your home’s paint to chip and crack over time. The water buildup on your walls may also promote the growth of mold, which is terrible for your health. Gutters prevent these issues by directing water away from your home. You could avoid expensive home repairs by installing top-quality gutters.
- Gutters help keep the pests away: Pests like squirrels and other rodents often get into your home through the attic or basement, but gutters can help block all their points of entry. Gutters often hang on the fascia boards of homes, which rodents chew through to gain entry. When it comes to basements, pooling water can create problems with your home’s foundation, allowing access to pests. Gutters, however, prevent water from pooling at the base of your home in the first place.
- Gutters help prevent basement flooding: One of the biggest dangers associated with not having gutters is the potential for flooding. Not only will basement flooding destroy valuable property, but it also provides the perfect breeding ground for mold. Gutters direct water away from your home’s foundation, thus preventing basement flooding.
- Gutters help protect your garden: Without gutters, rainwater can flow through your garden, causing erosion. This erosion can destroy plants and create a patch of mud where your beautiful garden used to be. Gutters prevent this by preventing heavy water flow from reaching your garden.
- Gutters prevent long-term damage to your home: Over time, rain can cause major damage to your home, including rotting walls and damaged foundations. Avoid letting rain render your home inhabitable by investing in gutters.
Get top-quality gutters installed today
To ensure your gutters work at maximum efficiency, it’s best to have them installed by an expert. An experienced gutter contractor will know exactly where to place your gutters to best prevent damages to your home. They can also recommend the best kind of gutters for your home. If you’re worried about the dangers of not having gutters, speak with a gutter installation expert in your area today.
Homeowners looking for top-quality gutters at fair prices should contact the experts at L & S Seamless Guttering. We offer a variety of excellent services, including gutter installations, repairs and maintenance.
This post first appeared on https://lsseamlessgutter.com/