Gutters are standard for most homes, but not all houses are equipped with gutter systems. Some homes have broken or missing gutter systems, while others never had them installed to begin with. Regardless of the reason, a home that doesn’t have gutters is vulnerable to all kinds of problems. Keep reading to learn more about gutterless home dangers in Oklahoma City and for some tips to keep your home protected from the elements.
Here are the most significant gutterless home dangers in Oklahoma City:
- Structural roof damage: One of the most important reasons not to have a gutterless home in Oklahoma City is because it can lead to structural roof damage. When water doesn’t have anywhere to go, it is more likely to leak into your home and cause damage to your roof’s structure.
- Erosion and foundation damage: Another one of the most significant gutterless home dangers in Oklahoma City is erosion and foundation damage. When water pools around your home, it causes soil to shift, and that can cause serious damage to your home’s foundation. In addition to erosion, pooling water can also seep into your foundation and cause cracking that is very costly to repair.
- Plant and tree damage: In addition to structural and exterior home damage, gutterless homes are also susceptible to landscaping damage. Gutters are designed to divert water from the roof and channel it away from a home. Without gutters, water slides off roofs, down siding and collects and pools in different areas in your yard. This can harm your plants, flowers and trees, leading to wood rot and other issues that have lasting effects on your landscaping.
- Rotting siding: Gutters protect siding from water damage. Without siding, home exteriors are vulnerable to damage that can contribute to mold and mildew development and rotting siding. Not only does this damage affect the outside of your home, it can also lead to damage to your home’s interior.
- Pest infestations: Gutters serve as a barrier between your home and the insects and pests outside. Without gutters, pests like squirrels and insects can access your home and begin nesting in your roof, where they cause all kinds of damage. The erosion caused by a lack of gutters can also make your basement susceptible to pest infestations.
- Flooding: In extreme cases, a lack of gutters can lead to basement flooding that causes extensive damage to your home. Even minor flooding can cause mold and mildew development that leads to health issues and damage to your home’s foundation and other building materials.
Professional gutter installation
Keep your home protected from the elements and avoid gutterless home dangers in Oklahoma City by investing in gutter installation services. The team at L & S Seamless Guttering is equipped with the experience and skill necessary to install a new gutter system that will offer the best protection, durability and longevity possible. Find out more about the services we have to offer and get started with a consultation for your project by giving us a call today.
This post first appeared on https://lsseamlessgutter.com/