Here at Gutter Helmet, we’ve been in the gutter business for nearly 40 years. In that time, we’ve heard a lot of sales pitches for gutters and gutter protection. If you call for an estimate from a company that carries LeafFilter, LeafGuard® or Leaf Relief gutter guards – or any number of other gutter protection products – it’s important to familiarize yourself with how these systems work and ask a lot of questions about the background of the installer and the amount of investment required. Then give Gutter Helmet a call and ask us the same. We think you’ll be impressed by the professionalism and experience of our installers, as well as the innovative features and functions of our patented gutter cover system.
What to Ask When Requesting a Gutter Cover Estimate
When calling to get a quote from a gutter cover company, don’t forget to ask the following questions:
- How long has your company been in business? Verify the information you receive on how long a company has been in business with the Better Business Bureau.
- Can I see your pricing sheet? Some gutter cover companies like to play a numbers game by starting with an inflated price, then adjusting it as needed to convince you to make a purchase on the spot. A contractor who isn’t able to show you a standard pricing sheet is likely less-than-reputable.
- What is the condition of my gutters? Before giving you an estimate, the salesperson will need to carefully inspect your gutters.
- Have you installed systems on any of the homes in my area? It can be very helpful to look at how the system is working on homes in your area and talk to the respective homeowners about their experience with the company
- Are your installers insured so that I’m protected from liability in the event of an injury on my property? Make sure that any company you hire has full liability and workers compensation insurance and is able to provide proof of such coverage.
- What happens with my warranty if you go out of business? While many warranties are offered through the manufacturer, a good number are offered through the dealer, which means you have no recourse if your dealer goes out of business.
Schedule a Free Gutter Helmet® Estimate
By asking these questions, it is our hope that you’ll be able to make an informed decision on the best choice of gutter guard for your home, whether it’s a Gutter Helmet system or some other product. We welcome the opportunity to educate you about the advantages of Gutter Helmet, so feel free to call us anytime to ask questions or schedule an appointment with a Gutter Helmet dealer today at (800) 824-3772.
The post 6 Questions to Ask a Gutter Cover Salesman appeared first on Gutter Helmet.